Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC)
Posted On 18 Oct 2018
The Legacy School of Sport Sciences’ Student Athletic Advisory Committee was formed to provide leadership training, event management, and community service experience to our student-athletes as well as provide a platform for student-athlete voices to be heard.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image
- Represent Legacy, and exemplify the Legacy Way
- Promote communication between Athletics administration and student-athletes
- Disseminate information
- Coordinate/Assist with campus events/projects
- Build a sense of community among all athletic programs as well cultivate relationships between the athletic department and school community
- Provide student-athlete voice to proposed Legacy School of Sport Sciences (LSSS), Texas Christian League (TCAL) and legislation/administrative issues
- Organize community service efforts
The mission of Legacy the School of Sport Sciences’ Student Athletic Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athletes’ well-being, and fostering a positive student-athlete image, inclusive student-athlete environment, and promoting student-athlete engagement at the campus and league/district levels.
Members of the Student Athletic Advisory Committee shall have the opportunity to address issues affecting student-athletes at Legacy; furthermore, members shall have the opportunity to offer input on issues which may reach beyond our campus and district’s boundaries. The Student Athletic Advisory Committee will facilitate better communication among student-athletes from various athletics teams to address issues common to all. The Committee will also serve as a gateway of communication among student-athletes, coaches, and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Through the grass-roots efforts of Student Athletic Advisory Committee, student-athletes will have the opportunity to create the culture, set the standard for leadership, and service.