The Legacy School of Sport Sciences’ Student Athletic Advisory Committee was formed to provide leadership training, event management, and community service experience to our student-athletes as well as provide a platform for student-athlete voices to be heard.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image
- Represent Legacy, and exemplify the Legacy Way
- Promote communication between Athletics administration and student-athletes
- Disseminate information
- Coordinate/Assist with campus events/projects
- Build a sense of community among all athletic programs as well cultivate relationships between the athletic department and school community
- Provide student-athlete voice to proposed Legacy School of Sport Sciences (LSSS), Texas Christian League (TCAL) and legislation/administrative issues
- Organize community service efforts
The mission of Legacy the School of Sport Sciences’ Student Athletic Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athletes’ well-being, and fostering a positive student-athlete image, inclusive student-athlete environment, and promoting student-athlete engagement at the campus and league/district levels.
Members of the Student Athletic Advisory Committee shall have the opportunity to address issues affecting student-athletes at Legacy; furthermore, members shall have the opportunity to offer input on issues which may reach beyond our campus and district’s boundaries. The Student Athletic Advisory Committee will facilitate better communication among student-athletes from various athletics teams to address issues common to all. The Committee will also serve as a gateway of communication among student-athletes, coaches, and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Through the grass-roots efforts of Student Athletic Advisory Committee, student-athletes will have the opportunity to create the culture, set the standard for leadership, and service.