Legacy the School of Sport Sciences hires committed individuals who are interested in working in a highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a new school, our staff members will help us to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and work with us to ensure that all of our students receive access to an excellent, inquiry-based middle and high school experience.
Why should I apply to Legacy the School of Sport Sciences?
- Be part of a new school and help to build the school culture and curriculum
- Be part of a collaborative environment
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Institute, professional literature book clubs, peer coaching, clinical supervision, and off-site professional development workshops
- Have access to technology in every classroom, including laptop computers, and notebooks.
- Grade level teams have common prep times four days a week as well as two individual prep times each week
- The Administrative Leadership Team is supportive and collaborative
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Currently, we our hiring for a special education position. Due to our expansion, we intend to look for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year.
What happens during the hiring process?
Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by the Leadership Team. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, he/she will be contacted to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, we will ask questions such as:
- In your own words, how do you think your philosophy aligns with the mission of Legacy?
- What positions are you interested in and what makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Why do you want to work at Legacy the School of Sport Sciences?
Candidates who appear to be a match for the school’s mission and vision will be invited to submit a video of their teaching. A phone debriefs will be scheduled for each candidate with members of our staff. After the debrief we will invite a select group of candidates to participate in a Hiring Day. During the half-day session, candidates will be provided with an overview of the school and a school tour, participate in a group learning experience. After the Hiring Day, we will contact all candidates to let them know if they will be offered a position at our school.
How can I apply?
- Read through the job description for the position you are interested in?
- Please complete the following application.
- Your cover letter should include a statement of your educational philosophy and also state why you are interested in becoming part of our founding team.
- Please feel free to direct questions to our Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713.396.0837.
Legacy the School of Sport Sciences will not discriminate against any student, employee, or other person on the basis of national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or disability or any other ground that would be unlawful if done by any other public school.