- Operating Guidelines – coming soon!
- Policies and Procedures – coming soon!
- ARD Guide
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide
The Texas Transition and Employment Guide is a guide developed by the Texas Education Agency that provides helpful information for parents and students who have received special education services due to a disability. The guide has steps for students to find the right work or educational choices and services you may need after high school.
The Homeless Education Program
The McKinney Vento Act is designed to address problems that homeless children and youth have faced in enrolling, attending, and succeeding in school. Under The Homeless Education Program, State Education Agencies (SEAs) must ensure that each homeless child and youth has equal access to the same free and appropriate public education, including a preschool education, as other children and youth. Homeless children and youth should have access to the educational services that they need to enable them to meet the same challenging state student academic achievement standards to which all students are held. Every School District is required to have a Homeless Education Liaison.
Homeless Education Program Services Included
- Provide support and guidance to homeless children and youth who are in transition, who lack a “fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence”
- Provide uniforms, school supplies, shoes, undergarments and personal hygiene items for identified students who qualify
- Assist with enrollment, obtaining school, medical records and immunizations
- Collaborate with other school personnel to provide transportation, free breakfast/lunch
- Assist school based personnel in identifying students and increasing community awareness
- Referral to social service agencies and resources